Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sweet Sugar Yarn!

This is new. Lovely yarn, Ruca, is 100% Sugar Cane. You must feel it! And it comes in these yummy candy colors. It's shiny and soft.


Another yarn which is, like Ruca, from Araucania, is Lonco. It's 100% mercerized cotton, and fingering weight! The colors are amazing. I promise more on this as I continue working with it (I started a little swatch that's going to be a headband, and I have plans for a kerchief and a crocheted something-or-other).


Time for a work in progress (WIP) and some finished objects (FO's)!
I thought you should see how great the striping is in an OnLine sock yarn. This is the bamboo blend, which Pat is working on.


Sally just knitted this crazy cute cupcake hat (hurray for alliteration!) It's in the book 60 Quick Knits: 20 Hats, 20 Scarves, 20 Mittens in Cascade 220.

I have a FO! Seriously, write it on the calendar. I don't finish things. I started this shawl a year ago and worked on it off and on (more off than on) until I blocked it this last Tuesday. It's Laminaria from Knitty. Knit in Skacel Merino Lace yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Laminaria came out beautifully Shelly, glad you finished it!

Jo Anne