Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Have a Secret

by Pam

I have a secret. I get really bored by daytime TV, and want something to think about while I stitch. I was getting books on tape or CD from the library, but was going through them fairly fast.

Then Jim, a really cool librarian, told me about the Kansas State Library. This is not the library associated with Kansas State University, but the state of Kansas library. It is awesome! You can download audio books, movies, do research, and I don't know what all. The best thing about it is that its free. Yup, FREE!!

You can sign in with your Wichita Public Library card. Call your local library branch to get your PIN number, or take your library card to the local library and they will open a state account for you.

Then you have access to more than 4,000 audio books. And they are getting more all the time. You need an MP3 player or an IPod, but compared to the cost of audio books, they are relatively cheap. Check it out!

No comments: