Thursday, April 30, 2009

I’ll Show You Mine if You’ll Show Me Yours

by Susan

I’m rearranging my stash and trying to get some semblance of order established (don’t ask me what I’m supposed to be doing, that’s far too embarrassing a question).
I’ve packed away yarn in various bins, one for good stash (OK, I admit it, several), one for the charity knits, one for “what on earth was I thinking?” one for “maybe life as we know it will end I’d better hang onto this just in case”, one for...well, you get the picture. It didn’t seem like an excessive amount of yarn - as long as you ignore the stuff already packed away in various nooks and crannies. Tidily arranged in baskets and used as decorative accents doesn’t count, by the way.

It seemed logical to put the projects I was working on onto the table while I filled and stacked the bins. After a couple of landslides it occurred to me that maybe the table was full, so I started piling current projects on the chair as well. When that was full I decided to count just how many things I had on the go. No, I’m not going to tell you. You’ll have to guess. I’ll give a prize to the first person to come up with the exact figure, but to collect you have to confess your number of UFO’s. In public.

At what point, do you think, do current projects become abandoned projects? How long do you have to leave them?

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reply to this post with your guess of the number of Susan's UFO's. We'll collect your responses for a week and announce the winner next Thursday. The prizewinner's UFO number will be published that day.

23 comments:

Lara said...

I'm going to guess 45. That seems like an amount that would slide off a table.

Knit and Fit said...

I will guess 27.

J. Denae said...

32?

Jen in KS said...

I'll be generously conservative: 23.

Princessliak said...

hmmmm. what about 20.

Cori said...

Well, thinking about my own WIPs and enough to slide off a table?

I'll throw my guess in there at 33.

Jennifer said...

I'm going to have to go with a nice even 53.

Amy D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy D. said...

What I meant to say, is surely it can't be more than 16.

Anonymous said...

My guess is 72. I guess I have to go count mine as well. :)

Melissa Perreault said...

I'm going wild here with 125. That seems more than enough to slide off my table (I have a BIG table).

If you're going to go, go BIG I say!

Anonymous said...

I am going with 17 for the time being - size of table could be the clue. Susan S.

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna go with 73. that would slide off of one of my tables...

jess

Jenny M. said...

I would have to go with 77. Being a newby to knitting, I'm not sure how many would be enough to slide off a table, but I guess it depends on the size of the table.

Emily F. said...

I have only been knitting for about 1 1/2 years. It is mind boggling to me to have 3 WIP right now!!! :) I will guess that perhaps you have 47 - and it is not to late to finish any of them! They are not lost - just waiting! :)

Laurie said...

I'm guessing 24, which is wildly high in my experience, but I'm cautious about starting new projects.

Laurie

Penny G said...

hmmmm...let's see....how about 48. That sounds like a good number.

kjordan said...

Well, I am going to say take my UFOs and multiply by 7 to get your number...so 84.

birthright midwife said...

I originally was only going to say 7 or 12 or something modest like that, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say 110. It sounds to me like maybe you had projects that you didn't even remember you had.
I personally try to finish things, but don't always, so I have a modest 6 UFO's.

wichitastitcher said...

I am going to guess 38 UFO's.
Paula Shelgren
pdshelgren@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

37!

Jen

Unknown said...

Has anyone guessed 50? That's my guess!

Anonymous said...

My guess is 35