Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mitten of the Month

by Pam B.

As you may have seen from the Twist Blog or Shelly’s post asking for a Partner in Crime, Twist is starting the Mitten of the Month club again. I thought I might entice you with some of my plans. I won’t let the cat out of the bag, but I’ll tell you my general plans.
The club will be $25 and with that you get 15% off the materials for the mittens. With each pair of mittens you complete, you will also receive an exclusive Mitten stitch marker.
We will have one knit pattern and one crochet pattern to chose from each month. We will explore different techniques, use different weight yarns and different styles ( fingerless, mittens, gloves, convertible, etc.)
I’ll alternate an easier pattern followed by a more time-consuming pattern, that way if you run over one month you can catch up the next.
The group will vote on how often and when to meet. Mondays and Tuesdays are out, but everything else is fair game We will have at least one Finished objects celebration!
We can use this thread to discuss the patterns, ask questions, and show off our finished mittens.
So come join the fun. Oh and by the way I could still use a partner

No comments: