Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hey! FO's!

So, I finished a couple of things.  (FO = Finished Object).

This is a baby dress that I knitted using Araucania Lonco (fingering weight, 100% mercerized cotton).  Rather than knit the skirt, I got some fabric from my friend Cindy at Sew Much and sewed it on.  Then I used some of Nanetta Bananto's incredible handmade buttons for the closure.  They were so perfect, angels sang when I picked them out.
The pattern for the knitted portion is a free pattern I found on Ravelry called Little Sister's Dress.  I just gathered the skirt and sewed bias tape over the gathered edge, then machine-sewed it to the knitted portion.  The entire dress is machine washable & dryable.

The other project I finished is the Checks Wrap, from Prism Yarns.  It takes one skein of Prism Saki (fingering weight wool/nylon sock yarn).  The pattern is available in the shop for $5.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! I love that Checks Wrap. I don't know what colourway that is, but I need it.

twist said...

That colorway is called Woodlands (I think) and we have exactly one skein of it. And exactly one skein of about 8 other colorways of Saki. All of which, IMHO, are equally gorgeous.