Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mitten & Sock

All I can say is,
1) Never promise to finish a pattern you think you'll do while on a camping trip.
2) Never promise to knit two things you think you'll do while on a camping trip.
3) Never underestimate the power of sick kids to keep you from doing the things you thought you'd do while camping when you get back home.

In any case, I'm almost there, I swear. The mitten pattern is written out for the left hand, with the right soon to come. (Experienced knitters won't have any trouble reversing the pattern, but it also won't take me long to type it out.) This is as far as I've gotten with my mitten, and my Crack Test Knitter has already started churning out another pair to use as shop models.
Without further ado, I bring you Askew. The featured yarn is Twilley's of Stamford Freedom Spirit. It patterns itself very prettily.


The sock is an awesome pattern written by our very own Jennifer, aka Scrapdash. Jennifer's original Off Road Sock used Crystal Palace Maizy, but because we've already featured Crystal Palace Sock yarns, we decided to use Kraemer Saucon Sock this month. It's perfect for this pattern, and a good chance to try our newest sock yarn. It's a very subtle tweed that will show off the sinuous cables of Jennifer's design.





No comments: