Friday, September 7, 2007

Time to Donate, Friends!

Do you have needles that you know you won't use anymore? Is there yarn in your stash that seemed like a good idea at the time, but has been sitting in your closet for far too long? Now you'd like to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more. Have I got a deal for you!

Twist is having a drive for the Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation. Pine Ridge Reservation serves many people, and has a good use for anything we can send. Gather up the supplies you've got gathering dust. Women at the reservation's shelter need tools and yarn for projects. If you'd like to knit or crochet a little something, a variety of organizations can use any and every thing we can send. The elderly love lap robes, afghans, hats and slippers. Lots of babies need warm clothes - hats, blankets, and sweaters are appreciated.

In honor of our hero Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and the social activism she inspires, please make a special effort to bring your donation to the shop on the day she visits - Sun. Sept. 16th.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great shop going out there. Do you still need yarn and needles? I'm out in New York but could send you something. And if you don't mind my asking - did you have any experience of running any sort of business before you opened Twist?? I'm looking for my second career (I'm a starving musician.) Keep up the good work!

twist said...

Hey, Mardi! Thanks so much for the comment. It's kind of you to think of us. To be honest, we've gotten a ton of stuff and are now probably going to switch gears and collect donations to go toward shipping costs. Knitters are so generous, my boxes are overflowing.

I did the books for a small business in a completely unrelated industry (manufacturing.) That was the extent of my small business experience, which has mostly been helpful in that I know which tax forms to fill out. Go to the "contact" page on the shop website (www.twistyarnshop.com) and send me an e-mail anytime if you want to know more.